in a previous post, I mentioned the habits i want to install for this new year: one of them is “reduce my medication intake”.
Here is a list that help to relief (but do not cure the root cause) 95% of the most common health problems (based on my experience):
- fresh ginger: a ginger tea soothes nausea, diarrhea, hangover, and improve digestion. Simply cut some slices of fresh ginger and let them infuse in a cup of boiled water. (you can add a few drops of lemon juice to enhance the ginger’s flavor)
- hot water bottle: for painful periods & after a big meal. I chose one with a fleece cover so I don’t burn my skin. Also a great help to relieve muscles tensions.
- white tiger balsam: just use a small quantity to massage your temple and forehead to relieve your headaches. I also use it to relieve muscles tensions in the shoulder after a stressful day.
- thyme essential oil: Its antibacterial properties are very useful against colds & minor infections: Against cold: in a bowl of hot water, add 2 drops of essential and inhale the steam from the bowl, using a towel above your head to form a “tent”. Also very helpful against thrush & bladder infection: just add 2 or 3 drops to the water of your bath. You can also add 1 or 2 drops to your tea or to a teaspoon of raw honey.
- baking soda: for a quick relief of heartburn: add 1 teaspoon to a glass of water and drink the mixture. The alkaline pH of the baking soda will neutralize the acidity quickly.
- charcoal capsules: 1 or 2 capsules with a glass of water after a big meal to help digestion. Really help if you feel bloated as it absorbs the gases.
The advice above is only based on my personal experience, this shouldn’t replace a visit to your GP. if you are pregnant, ask your doctor before using any essential oil.