Today I’m celebrating my 1st year spent in London, I tried to collect a “very best of” of the pictures I took through out this year. This makes me realize I do regularly the same things, so I was feeling like broadening my experience of this amazing city.
So, after such a loooong time (which feels to me like so little) I finally acquired the “1000 things to do in London” Timeout guide:
There are some things I was proud to discover I had already did: for instance I discovered the French creperie Chez Lindsay in Richmond totally at random, and was nicely surprised to see it’s one of the recommendations. Also, I live nearby Holland Park, so enjoying the Kyoto Garden is one of my favorite outdoor activity.
And of course, there are a LOT of things I have now on my to-list. Here are a few that deserved my special attention:
- Spend a whole night at the museum (like at the National museum)
- Watch the triathlon
- Go to Kew Gardens (for the pagodas and the flowers!)
- Watch the Ceremony of Keys (one of my best friend recommended it to me some months ago, and still need to make the online booking)
- Learn how to play to golf (ok, this was not exactly in the guide, but I always thought it could be fun, especially as there are some lessons in Holland Park)
- Enjoy an afternoon tea in a hotel (work in progress)
- Attend a public lecture at the National Gallery
- Go to the London International Mime Festival
- Buys fruits n vegetables at the Queen’s Market
- Tour the capital’s breweries
- Visit the Charles Dickens and Freud museum
- Try a New York cheesecake at the Hummingbird bakery
- Go to Hampstead Heath Ponds for a swim
- Learn how to mix Martinis at Christopher’s
- Go to a musical (not the guide, but still I thought I should try it)
If you have any suggestions of “things to to do”, I would be delighted it to read them in the comment section!