To continue with the series of “A weekend away” across European cities…let’s go to Amsterdam!
I had the joy to visit this city twice, once during my studies in Ghent, Belgium and once this spring.
There is a looooot to say about Amsterdam and I am not willing to detail all the numerous touristic highlights of the city – a city guide will do it much better than me.
To make a long story short, don’t miss Amsterdam if you like:
- Bikes: eco-friendly, healthy and brings a certain aesthetic to the streets.
- Boat rides along the 165 canals – you will be surprised by the number of bridges this city has (1,281 officially)!
- Tulips: don’t miss the Keukenhof (Amsterdam Flower Garden)
- Orange (my favorite colour 🙂 you’ll probably have a chance to bring back plenty of souvenirs with the national colour!
- Kroketten: the Dutch version of the Spanish “croquetas” – see recipe here
- Cute cafes and small independent eateries – not to mention the coffee shops!
- Museums: with more than 60 museum, Amsterdam has the highest museum density in the world!
- And much more!